Old 09-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Well at least motor trend did pick the right truck for the "Truck Of The Year" for 2011!!! They just had an article on all 4 of the F-150's right now. 3.7V6 which did fairly well, 3.5L Ecoboost, 5.0 V8 (mustang motor) and the 6.2 in the Harley Davidson edition. The trucks did really well and they said the ecoboost had a lot of low end power (gee imagine that) and that they were impressed by the new lineup. Nothing wrong with saying a good truck is a good truck. They have some pretty cool little concepts like the tailgate step which I wish RAM would do.

Ver Batim, this was the closing line of the article; "The Ecoboost has the potential for providing decent fuel economy plus plenty of towing capacity - just not necessarily at the same time. When it comes to fuel economy, those who tow frequently may prefer the V8's but buyers who are looking for a daily driver and only occasionally tow, the Ecoboost is as Febbo aptly stated, 'the game changer for trucks'. If they can get enough people in them they will have converts left and right."

Interesting article, and they did the Dodge 2500HD Cummins Turbo Diesel also. They raved about the constant power, the amazing interior comfort, room, and usability. Only issue they had was they said it was too tall! LOL. I laughed so they installed a 500 dollar step for the sides so people could get in easier. I laugh because I use mine off road and I want all the body clearance I can get so it just cracks me up that people want to add something that will lose them clearance when off-roading, however in their defense, not many people are gonna be out mobbing a diesel laramie. It got great marks by everyone and they wished they could have kept it longer term, got great gas mileage and said it was the best 40k they could spend on ANY diesel truck which was pretty good. I know this was an EcoBoost Vs. Hemi thread but I wanted to throw this in there too as it was a good article. Back of the Sept edition of Motor Trend.