View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 97 ram 4x4
Color: white
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
swolcat is on a distinguished road
Default Need stock info for custom set up!

Hello,
Just joined the forum and I need some info on the stock suspension. I am going to be building a custom lift/suspension set up for my work beast a CC 97 4x4 1500. Currently is has monomax shocks and is on 33x12.5x15 Muds with minimal rubbing on the liner at full lock. The wheels I believe are the offroad package 15s x 8"? They are the concave 5 spoke just like the 17" version. I am going to be running a custom wheel set up in either 15 or 16" with a MUCH wider wheel (looking into 12-14" width) and sticking with the same tires or running a size wider possibly in an A/T. Also, I see some guys running high PSI in the 50+ range, Im at 40 and wonder how much higher to go for some better mileage (hankook dynapro M/T)

Info I am looking for:
Stock spring free length-
Stock spring rate-
Spring Diameter- 5.5"?

Any spring conversions/coilover set-ups for the rear available or only custom?

It appears I will have to replace the monomax with a longer shock for a 2-3" lift (correct me if I am wrong)
I have 3.92's and wonder what size tire requires/recommends a re-gear to 456s?

I know the Billy's are good for a 2" lift, what else is out the in a monotube design(I am going to be doing custom valving and spring rates, I am very familiar with coilover setups for street cars and am looking to do something different for the truck than what I have seen)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by swolcat; 09-04-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Sponsored links