View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHazard View Post
can the SC disable MDS? Im torn between the 2. I had a predator lined up but that fell through. Maybe Ill go with the SC, seems how I probably wont buy a cam ever.
How is the MPG gain between the 2?
azzo540 is correct, you can disable MDS. I have mine disabled but I can't tell any difference in fuel mileage being my truck is an ST. I can tell you one thing though, I'll never enable it ever again. Unlike before, the performance and sound is much smoother and consistent. And btw, if you get the 3865 it does come with preset SC trans/tunes (quick tunes) so you do not have to buy the advanced transmission tune. You can also adjust the shift points, rev limiter, speed limiter, and tire size without altering any other part of the SC tunes. Just to be clear, the advanced tune is specifically for controlling downshifts to your specified parameters at will and changing the torque management from SC tune to 6% (max recomended) if you are not satisfied with SC preset trans tunes. You can go to a more aggressive trans tune or tone the SC trans tune down. I like the SC trans tune, the difference is night and day. Keep in mind that if you purchase the advanced trans tune it will take some time to get use to as it is complicated for most who try. Just make sure when you buy the SC programmer that you download the latest software. You will first have to register your tuner, name and vin# of your truck on the SC site to update the tuner.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.