View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 09:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Just curious as to why none of you have tried to manufacture working hood scoops into your cia.
It's just a lot of work. My friend has an RT and we talked about trying to fiberglass something to fit his hood scoops but it would take a long time, and likely cost a few hundred bucks by the time we bought everything needed. The only way I know to do it would be using the "lost mold" technique where you make a mold out of foam, then fiberglass it, then use acetone or similar to dissolve the foam. It would probably take weeks for me to do something like this working a few hours each day. I think most people are waiting/hoping someone comes out and markets one. I believe they have one for the challenger....likely will have one for the ram at some point as well.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.