Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 97 ram 4x4
Color: white
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:10
swolcat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Sorry I don't have an answer to your questions, but I would guess nobody makes a rear coil kit. You may be able to adapt the 4th gen rear suspension to your truck, it is a 4 link with a panhard bar and coil springs. Could maybe find one in a junkyard cheap? I adapted the rear watts link from the last model durango to my F100 and probably saved over $1,000 as the aftermarket kits cost thousands and I picked up everything I needed from a junkyard for a couple hundred... Do you plan on making your own coil springs? Never heard of anyone doing this, sounds difficult/maybe unsafe???
Thanks man, yea Ive looked and doesnt look like anyone makes a rear coil kit out there. As far as the springs themselves I mainly posted this looking for the spring rate and free length of the front coils so I can have a baseline for the front for a custom level set up. No I will not be making the springs myself. Eibach has a whole division (ERS) devoted to custom set ups and you can get just about any size spring in any length and rate including tender springs to make the ride a bit more comfy on the streets but stiff enough to not bottom out/rub/roll into corners