View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen1dak View Post
Oh, and increasing cam overlap to give a "good sound" will not work well with the stock computer.
I wasn't looking to tell the man to make it sound nice, I'm not one of those all show no go, the fact and the matter is with certain performance cams that will have advances and benefits in timing their is going to be a different idle then stock and different run along with sound as I'm sure you know that. I didn't go into detail about the computer for one main reason and thats cause at this point we are all just talking about what can and can't be done, options pretty much. It would be pointless to make a book out of a suggestion but I do understand your point and it's a good one. Anyways I didn't have any intentions or anything to cause aspersions and cause rukas, I'm just trying to help the man every bit as you are. In all honesty I think it's pointless to do what he wants to do because the vehicle as it is has enough HP and torque, changing cams and heads will do nothing for him. The 360 and 318 head are the same their was just two different castings I don't remember the casting numbers off the top of my head but besides the point. Anyways regardless of A and LA engines from the past.