Here's my list after one year of ownership of my Black 2010 CC Sport 4WD. All are QC or choice of materials issues. Total miles to date only 8,200.
1. Junk in paint, every time I wash and wax I notice more flaws.
2. Window glass flaws (debris embedded in the glass) on driver's side edge. Trip to dealer was a waste of MY time.
3. WAVY WINDOW GLASS!! The rear Quad Cab windows are incredibly wavy...why? Again, dealer just wasting MY time "they are all like that"..but WHY?. This is something you will not notice in a large open lot such as dealership. It is most obvious with reflections from trees buildings or overhead wires. It just screams low buck supplier.
4. Window felts collect trash. All that trash (pine needles, seeds, dirt) ends up inside the door when lowered. The sounds the pass. window makes right now when lowered is like fingernails on a chalkboard! I'll have to clean it out when and if it ever stops raining otherwise the glass will be scratched.
5. Console chrome glare, visor glare (sun visors too short at hinge side) and the old pass. seat belt rattle at times.
6. Chrome Clad Wheels pitting, nice wheel, but cheaply finished, again low buck supplier. Pitting after ONE year, really?
7. Exhaust rattle at 40 +/- mph, under slight load, sound like it's touching the body? For now just turning up the tunes.
8. Transmission surge (at times) when shifting from park to drive and yes I have my foot fully depressed on the brake. The truck lurches forward. While on the tranny, it bangs at times when down shifting to pass at highway speeds.
Another annoying thing is the chugging (surging) when rolling to a red light when the truck is cold....torque converter?
9. Thin ass sheet metal, I have a dimple on my hood from oak tree acorns, a shallow dent from my hand assisting in closing the hood and I am deathly afraid to park anywhere near someone in a parking lot.
10. Blower motor fan noise (ticking on low), again low buck supplier. And the blower direction (dashboad design) on the windshild glass has a dead spot right smack in the center of the driver's view when frosted. Real cold days I go no where until the truck's fully warmed up...can't see!
11. Bad lifter tick upon start up after truck is moved in driveway. Example, truck is cold your blocking someone in, you back out of the driveway...pull back in and shut it off. Next time you fire it up LOUD ticking for 3-5 seconds.....drives me nuts, again why?
In closing I will have the dealer address some of these issues, but over the years I have come to realize the dealer can "create" as many issues as they fix... i.e. trade one problem for another.
If you have any suggestions as to "fix" anyone if the above issues....thanks in advance.
Lastly,The 4th Gen Ram is by far the BEST "looking" truck out there inside and out!
When comparing to say a new GMC Sierra (what I had prevoius) the GM trucks seem unfinished or underfinished. The GM interiors are cheap and dated. Yes, some don't like the Ram's rear coils, but atleast Dodge put a wheel well liners inside the bed to keep salt and debris away from the suspension, my 2000 Sierra's rear suspension was rotting away after just 5 years of NJ winters.The interior of the GM trucks at the same price point as my Ram seemed entry level. Again, I got 390hp, 20" wheels, dual exhaust, four real doors (hated the sucide doors) and a kick ass looking truck for the same price as a middle to low end GM truck.
If Dodge / Chrysler can EVER improve quality.... consistantly, this truck would be the "total package". For having to deal with these QC design issues.... it's just okay..... and that's a shame!
Thanks for hearing me out.