View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I don't believe that's correct, I think they have changed the way it works...on mine(bought this year) the only trans tuning options I have are shift points, and torque management setttings of stock or superchips.....you have to buy the advanced trans upgrade for like $40 or so to get full control.
Two things, I found out that the SC TM settings are around 12% and not the 8% like I stated. Second, there is a new software update 3.20.11 that recently came out. I updated mine and was having problems trying to get it to install. After several attempts, the old software was still in properties. I had to set it back to the stock tune and erase the Easy Update program and files (in programs) completely for it to work. I'm telling you this in case you haven't done this update and decide to do it. I set my first to second shifts at 6100 rpms and second to third at 6000rpms. I set the rev limiter at 6400 rpms and the speedo to 140 mps all on a SC 93 tune (no advanced trans tune). I noticed a big difference between the 91 and 93 tune. I could sometimes brake the tires loose from a 15 mph roll even when it was stock but more easily with the 91 tune. But with the 93 tune, this thing breaks the tires loose from a 30 mph roll (on and off) all the way to second and some in second. I haven't and won't try it from a dig because of my new tires, I want them to last. Keep in mind that my truck is an RCSB 4X2 with 3.92 gears with 31" tires on 17's. It's 3 to 400 lbs lighter than a 4X4 RCSB and much lighter than the QC and CC. That's one of the reasons why I chose the RCSB 4X2 with 3.92 gears. That being said, I don't know what it will do for other size trucks but SC TM is a huge benifit over DS for stock (only) trucks. Good luck with your tune if you haven't done it yet and plan to.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 09-09-2011 at 12:31 PM. Reason: no advanced trans tune