View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSOB View Post
I've got a badly squawking control arm (not sure if it's upper or lower) on the driver's side of my truck. I've replaced a bushing once, on my '69 Mustang (remember that trademark squeak/squawk of that era's Fords!!), but of course the one on the Ram is much bigger.

Looks pretty straightforward - compress the spring, remove the shock, take the control arm pivot shaft loose and pop the ball joint out of the steering knuckle. Burn out the old bushings, put in the new ones, reassemble...

It's that "put in the new ones" that has me concerned. Looks like they have to be pressed in from the outside. That can't be easy.

I'd appreciate input from anyone on this one.

Thanks!
Oh forgot to tell you before to press in the bushings you could use a old fashion C Clamp like Brink and Cotton cast iron ones, I have one from the 40's I think anyways a good clamp and two small pieces of wood and a channel lock. Take the two pieces of wood.... (common sense stuff goes here).... Then use the channel lock to twist the clamps T-Handle when it becomes to hard to do by hand...