Old 09-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 05 Dodge ram 1500 thunder road
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Gray
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Milla Gorilla is on a distinguished road

Ok...ill start off by saying iv done alot of research and asked the same questions on other forums and websites, i even went to a dealership and asked them what the difference was.... and iv gotten a couple of different answers.#1 one of the answers i got was that it was a towing package. that it came with a trailer hitch and all the electronical hookups, 392 gears in the rear, and that the transmition was tweaked just a bit, such as a torque converter that had a clutch in it for better shifts while towing.#2 iv heard that it was a cosmetic package, now theres two ways iv heard this one...one says it was a chrome package, the other was that it was just a four door version of the daytona package, painted front and rear bumper and a painted wind thing on the nose of the hood, they all say that it came with 20" rims and a sliding back window, and others say it was a leather package..Now i own a 05 thunder road and ill tell you what my truck has/ 5.7L Hemi, 20" rims, sliding back window, cloth seats, trailer hitch, 392 gears(wich gives me a better 0_60 time) and painted front and back bumper. But heres the kicker...when i went to the dealership and asked what the thunder road package was, all the salesman just shrugged and said that they didnt know, but they heard it was a riginal thing but they didnt know for sure..Me personally i think its Dodges little secret...i hope this helps you out some. let me know what you think or if you have found any other opinions on it....