Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:26
ken99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomikedi View Post
BUT I notice that there are a few different white wires with green and blue stripes with varying shades of green and blue. How did you know which ones to use? Did you discover some way of determining which ones were the correct ones?
Someone else asked a similar question. When I unwrapped my harness, I discovered additional wrappings where several W/B and W/G wires came together. When I unwrapped those bundles, I confirmed they were all soldered together in a junction. Same is true for the pink/G wire except that junction was higher up in the harness. It really didn't matter which wire I picked of the respective color. I would look for the wrapped junctions to confirm, but I would not unwrap them. Dodge used a water-proof electrical tape that is tough to get off and put back on. I see no need to compromise the protect if not necessary.

I have suggested that the w/b and w/g that lead to the OBDC-II port not be used, but that is me being cautious. It may not matter which pair you select for the ITBM.

Good luck.

Last edited by ken99; 09-11-2011 at 08:25 PM.