Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:25
bombadillo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
hmm it was blue, but didn't have stripes I don't think. It had a plastic black (non painted) bed cover that had a mini bump type spoiler that said srt8. I didn't see as he ran just in front of me a couple cars but my buddy said he was running like high 14's....I didn't find that too impressive for a (what he said built up to 7.0L) 426 hemi, definitely had a cam as well...
High 14's is TERRIBLE for a 426 hemi ANYTHING! Something like that, unless he's just spinning through first, second, and third should be at LEAST in the mid 13's depending on weight, tires, and other conditions. Something is wrong with any car running high 14's with a 426. My buddy had a Camaro with a 383 stroker motor that was having issues hooking up. He had a Viper GTS with a 250 shot of nitrous racing him. The viper was beating him by just a tad each run. Finally, my buddy bob with the camaro decided he needed not to spin in 3rd much less try to feather first and second and took off his street tires and put some MT, ET Streets on there and put a few dollars on a race. Once he hooked up, he ate the Viper for lunch. Probably had 6+ cars on him at the end of the race and was well into the low 10's. I was dying because a Viper GTS with a 250 shot you'd think would run faster than that but he was hitting on average mid-high 11's regularly.