Vehicle: 2010 RAM
Trim Level: BIG HORN
Color: AUSTIN TAN
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:16
sprintertech is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
We also arent talking about a stock application in this situation though. I agree you take a stock 4L60 and throw it at a truck and its life is severly shortened. GM did put them in their 1500s as well though and after we went through my friends '60 after he broke it a few times and spend minor minor $$ on it (talking less that $500) he has been running for a few years with no problems at all and he beats the piss out of his truck. Give the choice between 60 or 80 the 80 is a no brainer, but the 60 is no slouch

The TCI stuff is amazing. A friends dad has the 6speed auto behind an LS7 in an early 40s ford and he has never once said anything bad about it
agreed.....i just intended point out that the stock tranny is pretty bullet proof as compared to the competition.....the perception among the masses usually hints otherwise.....we see almost no transmission failures at the dealership level and most we do see are caused by abuse....lol the guy who is actually doing the trans work is a trainee....im level 4 trans but i have enough diesel work to keep me busy....
CMR TUNED(tweeked),K&N DROP IN, MODDED AIR BOX, NITROUS EXPRESS 150 SHOT, ARH 1 7/8 LONG TUBES NO CATS, BORLA XR-1, PRO TORQUE 2800 STALL, 4.56 GEARS, MOPAR LSD, ADJUSTABLE REAR LOWER CONTROL ARMS RELOCATED UNDER AXLE, GREDDY CATCH CAN, STICK PEOPLE IN REAR WINDOW......12.97@108...SOLD