Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: True Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:50
mgbighorn will become famous soon enough
Default This is getting ridiculous

I guess ill start off saying as of two days ago I thought i would be driveing a brand new 2011 dodge ram outdoorsman in brilliant black

So lets start at yesterday, take off work early to go pickup my new dodge only to find out when i was looking it over a large 4-5in wide by 1 ft long dent on the passenger side bed of the pickup it was running up and down about three feet back from the cab, Im not sure what hit it but it was pretty deep.

The thing that i couldn't believe is that they had just washed and waxed it and "never seen it"

So they tried to get me to buy it and they would fix it when it was convinent for me. I told them to bring me in a new truck with the same options.

Get a call today. They've got me another truck come in and pick it up.

So i brought my dad with me today so i could have another set of eyes to look over this other truck. First thing i notice is a scratch right about 12in long right in the middle of the drivers door it wasnt wide but its right down to the color coat. It should buff out pretty decent (expected some scratches from a black truck) but it was still notable

Then dad for some reason thought to look at the roof and thats when
we found out that the clear coat was peeling on the roof. there were like 3 round spots on the roof about 6in in dia. and all along the channels the clear was peeling

the salesman said he would have the bodyshop look at it and get with me tommorow. I dont know what to think now. If these trucks have these many issues right now whats it going to be like in 5 years

or am i being to picky on a $30,000 purchase like the salesman was trying to make me believe