View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I have a (small) update on my truck tonight. (Told you it would be a slow mod thread lol). I put the 2011 mud spats on my 2010. Took pics and also got all the part numbers for others if anyone was interested. There was one part number posted in other threads and other forums that was not correct, so I had to return the parts and buy other ones.

Parts you need:
Front mud spat part #'s: 5182362AB and 5182363AB
Rear mud spat part #'s: 5182364AB and 5182365AB
2 hex head screws(one for each side) part #: 6509539AA
2 "spring nuts" or whatever they're called part #: 6032031
2 nylon "rivets"(1/4") part #: 55075139 I didn't use these ($$), I got them at autozone.

INCORRECT PART NUMBER FROM OTHER THREADS/FORUMS:
"spring nuts" part #: 6105242AA

The rear 2010 spats are held on with hardware only, the rear 2011 spats are identical but also have a "tab" that there is nowhere for it to go into in the 2010 bed. I simply cut the tab off, no issues. Could have drilled a hole in the bed, but found that more damaging to the truck lol. Other than that, the rears are a simple swap with the new ones, just reuse the existing hardware. The front 2010 spats use a clip underneath that I broke on both trying to remove them. They also use one screw in the fender well. The new 2011 spats use a nylon rivet underneath(this is why you bought them, either at dodge or autozone), and also uses two screws in the fender well(this is why you bought more screws and "spring clips"). I had to remove all the screws holding the inner fender well in(I think 6 total on each side) to be able to move the fender well around enough to slip the new "spring clip" on, then just put all the screws back in.

Very easy, sounds harder/more confusing than it is. If you buy the parts you'll see how it all goes together. pics:

Old fronts:

New fronts:

Old rears:

New rears:

"nylon rivets" from autozone:

Tab on the rear 2011 spats:

Tab on the rear 2011 spats that I cut off:

They should give me a little more protection, and tie in the black well with my truck

Total cost with hardware was about $70.00. Kind of cheap for something so subtle, but I like it...mainly looking for some protection from my tires! Can't run flaps with my step bars(and don't like the look of flaps either).

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.