Thread: 7000th Post!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy 7000th Post!

Hi everyone, this post comes with mixed emotions. I have been hunting work for the past two years and haven't been able to lock anything down yet. I do have some prospects but, as many Americans, will be considered Underemployed.

With that said, this week I had to make a hard choice and started looking for an older truck that would eliminate a payment. On Wednesday I found a nice looking 2004 with only 71,000 miles and it seemed to be well taken care of. A couple of hours of negotiation and a few more hours of sleeplessness thinking about giving up the RedRam10 and I took the long drive to the dealership to make the deal. Well the nice thing It's RED! The bad thing is it is a TITAN. It is a CrewCab and is 4x4 but I already miss the Hemi and it's MDS that helped me average 18-22MPG. First 1/2 tank on the Titan showed a calculated 15MPG. That sucks! Here is a photo for all of us photo whores of the new to me truck as I prepared to take it for a test drive.

On the other hand, I still have a RAM to play with. My father-in-law has given me his old 70's model D100 - I think to play with. It has the 318 and is sort of RED - Orange. It doesn't run at the moment as it needs a carberator and a set of tires. I will be getting over and getting some photos of the new-to-me real old RAM and will still be keeping my face around here being as helpful as possible. And of course will be learning as much as I can on how to get the RAM back on the road.

I've taken a look at the competitive forums for the Titan and will wait for GT to get a TITANForumZ going before joining another brand. And you can count on my return to the RAM world when I get back on my feet financially!

Last edited by RedRam10; 09-18-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Sponsored links