Old 09-19-2011, 02:53 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
Shibby927 is on a distinguished road

Detention Officer for the Polk County Sheriff's Office working in the Polk County Jail in Des Moines, Iowa. I have been working in Corrections going on 6 years now. I spent two years working for the Hardin County Sheriff as a Jailer in Eldora, Iowa while attending Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls for Criminal Justice. Since February 2008 I have been with the largest office in the State of Iowa with Polk County. I graduated in 2007 from Ellsworth Community College with an Associate's Degree in Criminal Justice for Law Enforcement with Honors, Resident Assistant, Phi Theta Kappa, Criminal Justice Club President, and the Most Outstanding Criminal Justice Student award.

In addition to law enforcement I also volunteered on the Iowa Falls Fire Department for two years. IFFD is a 36 Member Volunteer Department with a large department and a burn building. My experience in the fire service is one that I have missed since leaving it in 2007.

As a Detention Officer I have worked everywhere in the jail from Booking, to Intake, to General Population Housing (Direct Supervision), and for the past two years now I have worked primarily in Classification/Release of Inmates. I have been through Jail related training through the Iowa Law Enforcment Academy, and also through Polk County's own Jail School.

Nice to meet you guys. Whether you be a brother or sister on the street, or a fellow C/O take care of yourselves and be safe!

Last edited by Shibby927; 09-19-2011 at 03:00 AM.