View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I bought my 2010 ram 1500 quad cab used at the beginning of the year. I've put about 10k miles on it in 8 months, and have had almost no issues. My third brake light seal leaked water(common on these 4th gen trucks). That was a ~$8 fix and took me about 30 minutes, hasn't leaked in months now. I have some aftermarket wheels/tires on my truck and had issues getting them properly balanced, but that has nothing to do with dodge. Dodges newer trucks (3rd gen and newer) are far better quality than the previous ones, not that they were horrible. Many people give dodge a bad rep as far as their transmissions, but as far as I'm concerned with the 3rd gen and 4th gen trucks that is no longer an issue at all (assuming you don't drive like a maniac....some guys pushing more hp and tq out of their trucks and drag racing have blown their transmissions). This truck and my old s10 are the best vehicles I've owned. My ram has about 50k miles on it. I assume you're looking at getting a Hemi, I think some have had issues with MDS but other than that they are great engines (so is the 4.7L). I recommend you get 3.92 gearing and LSD if possible, makes it a lot better to drive...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.