View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough

I couldn't help but go out just now and look for myself,...only the one big electric fan directly behind the radiator, it's roughly 2 or 2 and a half feet in diamater. Nothing between the front of engine and that one big single fan. Earlier I heard it cycle on and then off,...and the a/c wasn't turned on...so I'd have assumed it came on for radiator coolant reasons. If there is supposed to be a second mechanical driven fan, I"m missing one then. There doesn't seem to be any associated hardware, shafting, brackets, holes or otherwise to which a mechanical fan could have ever been mounted and driven by. Additionally, even on our 100 degree days this past summer, and with the a/c on full, the temp guage never went budged from its normal operating range. I looked very close everywhere, but only one fan on my Ram that I can find.

Anyone else out there with a 2011 3.7 who has 2 fans?
The reason I used the 2002-2008 engine data was because there isn't (or wasn't then) anything newer available in the dropdown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Oh nm if you have a 2009+ you have electric AND mechanical fans that are used for both the radiator and AC condensor. I was looking at your engine year that says 2002-2008....didn't realize you have a 2011.