View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Mine makes this noise sometimes. My truck was a rental in previous life, so I'm sure people just threw it and park and never used the parking brake (this is very bad for the trans if you did not know this, you should always apply the parking brake BEFORE putting the vehicle in park, to keep from straining the transmisison). Since I have had the truck it seems to make the noise less and less as I drive it. Also have noticed if I put it in gear with the parking brake on the noise is louder, if I hold the brake then release the parking brake and then put in gear, the noise almost never occurs, this leads me to believe it's just noise from the rear brakes/parking brake assembly....could be a different noise though, but sounds like exactly what you described, a clutchless manual trans shift.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.