Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:29
chambers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deervalley View Post
So, if you had to do it all over again, would you build this 3.7l like you did or would you just spend the money on putting a hemi in there? Was what you felt in the seat of your pants worth the money and time invested?

thanks
Well this was my first vehicle that I could really mod, so it was a learning experience for me. If given the choice now between my truck un-modded and a 4.7, I'd go w/ the 4.7 or hemi (if they offered them w/ a manual). W/ the v6 you're not gonna see the same numbers other guys see w/ similar mods. For instance headers on the 3.7 while a good mod won't net near the same power increase as slappin them on a 4.7 or hemi. I didn't ever even think of doing the motor swap b/c it's really just so much easier and cost effective to sell/trade your truck towards one w/ the motor you want. The v6 is enough for what I use it for. If I was doing it all over and I already had the v6 and didn't want to sell it for a bigger motor, I'd do cams before headers or gears. Those mods cost more than they were worth to me. I'm still very curious to see what if anything could be gained from some good regrinds.

Last edited by chambers; 09-20-2011 at 06:11 PM.