Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:29
chambers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianne View Post
I couldn't help but go out just now and look for myself,...only the one big electric fan directly behind the radiator, it's roughly 2 or 2 and a half feet in diamater. Nothing between the front of engine and that one big single fan. Earlier I heard it cycle on and then off,...and the a/c wasn't turned on...so I'd have assumed it came on for radiator coolant reasons. If there is supposed to be a second mechanical driven fan, I"m missing one then. There doesn't seem to be any associated hardware, shafting, brackets, holes or otherwise to which a mechanical fan could have ever been mounted and driven by. Additionally, even on our 100 degree days this past summer, and with the a/c on full, the temp guage never went budged from its normal operating range. I looked very close everywhere, but only one fan on my Ram that I can find.

Anyone else out there with a 2011 3.7 who has 2 fans?
The reason I used the 2002-2008 engine data was because there isn't (or wasn't then) anything newer available in the dropdown
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From looking over the parts page here http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getJointLocator&siteid=213674&cha pter=&Sectionids=0,2308&groupid=2332&subgroupid=81 52&componentid=0&make=8&model=Ram%201500&year=2011 &graphicID=TM09040&callout=3&catalogid=2&displayCa talogid=0, your truck should have a clutch fan. It will be hidden by the shroud shown in the diagram as part #4. Does your truck have what looks like a little radiator off to the driver side w/ an electric fan on it. The 02-08's were this way, that is for the AC condenser. Then the radiator had a clutch fan under the shroud to cool it. On the 09 hemi that I saw they changed the setup so the condenser was attached to the radiator and the clutch fan and efan for the AC were both behind the radiator. Yours could be like that.