View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
For various reasons, I think lots of Americans become "set in their ways" regarding vehicles. Lots of people are set on one particular manufacturer, and won't even compare or consider anything else...we all know the type. For example, I work with a guy who, by his own admission, will never, ever own anything other than a Ford product...won't even look at anything else. What causes this is a uniquely American mystery, I think.
I agree with this and it is a good point. My father in law compared two trucks at carmax, a hemi ram and a 5.4L F150. Let's say they were "equivalent". I talked to him later and he said he bought the ford and I asked why and he said something like this "well, the ram was faster, felt like it had a lot more power and would tow better, I liked the way it looked better, and had more room in the front of the cab and the rear of the cab, but I though because it was so fast it would get poor mpg". I asked him what his mpg was averaging he said 12mpg, he then added a CAI and superchips, now he gets 13!!!! lol...he always complains about ford after every one he buys (F150, focus, ranger, now another F150) and he always has problems and poor mpg with them but then goes and buys another lol

All manufacturers have good and bad but from my experience ford has the most problems with reliability. I likely won't ever own another ford. I think GM gives you the most for the money, but I really like mopar as well.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.