View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:1338
GeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud ofGeauxHunting has much to be proud of
Default Thinking about joining the military...

Well guys, within a few months I will be finishing high school and will have to decide what to do for the rest of my life lol. Ever since I was a little kid I looked up to the men and women that serve our country and I always had the utmost respect for them. Now that I am older I have been really thinking that I want to join. My goal in life (as of now) is to end up flying, hopefully I will be able to work my way up to Airliners. My grandfather was a helicopter mechanic in the Marine's and he got out and flew for Delta until he retired. He now just restores planes and flies in airshows across the north west. My uncle was a professional stunt pilot until his plane malfunctioned and he crashed and died 12 years ago. I guess you could say flying is in my blood.

So I've been doing a little research, but I would love to get you guys opinion.

I would like to get the most flight hours possible while at job training. So when I finish serving my time and start looking for jobs I can have an assload of flight hours.

Obviously a pilot would be the best choice, but I see that you have to be an officer to become a pilot. I think I remember reading somewhere that if you went to college first you could join as an officer. If that is true would I need a 4 year degree or would a 2 year suffice? If that isn't possible, what is officer training like? How long is it? Lets just say I fail the test or whatever, blah blah blah I can't become on officer. What should I train to be??? I just want to be around planes, preferably flying them.

This is all concerning the USAF ohh and BTW FIXED WING!!!
__________________________________________________ ___________

I also like the Army very well, but I noticed that my only option for flying over there would be an Aviation Officer, which only flies helicopters. Well I don't really have a problem with helicopters, but my question is will flight hours in a chopper count the same as hours in a fixed wing??

Anyways guys, I'm just looking for insight, and a few answers to my questions. I haven't talked to any recruiters yet, because I want to know EXACTLY what I want before I talk to anyone. Also, if you don't mind just share your experiences you had and why I should, or maybe why I shouldn't join.

Thank you very much for your time, Dillon
8000k HID lows, 10000k Fogs, AAC Halos, white interior LEDs, 4' of blue LED strips, two blue LED pods, LED reverse and license plate lights, 2% Tint 3% visor, 50% Windshield, Debadged, Pioneer MVH-P8200BT headunit, JL C2-690TX door speakers, 10" JL W7 subwoofer, JL 500/1V2 Amplifier, DiabloSport Predator, Volant CAI, 14" Magnalow Exhaust with Turndowns, 2500 Tow Hooks, 3" CST Lift, 35x12.5x20 Toyo M/T.
Sponsored links