View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:177
Stangshcky12 has a spectacular aura aboutStangshcky12 has a spectacular aura about

Even look into JROTC units in your area. I was thinking about going to the military when my high school adopted an Air Force JROTC program my juniour year. After taking it my senior year I quickly realized the military wasnt for me although I had several friends and classmates who enlisted or went into ROTC after high school (all branches). Some love it some hate it.
If you do choose that route I would highly consider the ROTC option. Its usually 4 years in school then either 4 or 7 years of service after school. It is true that if you go the ROTC route you will become an officer.
I had two Chiefs and a Major as my teachers and the Chiefs told us numerous times that as much as they loved it they wished they had done ROTC instead of enlisting.
My best friend, who was also in in AF JROTC program joined ROTC at a local university out of school, didnt like it, went to school for three years and this past spring decided to enlist. He is currently in Texas for USAF Basic Training and from what I hear is very happy.