Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:109
Niko will become famous soon enoughNiko will become famous soon enough

slpintern - If you go to Discount Performance Exhaust, they have the cat back system for less than $500, around $500 with shipping. I love AutoAnything. Yes, their prices are high, but they will beat anybody's price. So just contact them and tell them where you found it cheaper and they will beat it.

And, NO, getting just the muffler and y-pipe is not the same thing. With the cat back system the exhaust tubes leaving the muffler are 2.5", stock are only2.25". So you have better airflow leaving the muffler, but not so big that you lose low end power. Then the exhaust tips on the cat back system are awesome, way bigger and better looking than stock. They actually fill up the space in our rear bumper. If you bought similar exhaust tips, they would run you over $200 for the tips alone.

I had it installed professionally. The y-pipe needs to be welded in. People on here say the cat back system is DIY, but I got a great install deal from an awesome shop in Denver. So I couldn't say no.

Trust me, and look up BlackRamHemi's posts on the subject. The MagnaFlow CatBack is worth the price. I paid less than $520 for the CatBack and y-pipe with shipping from AutoAnything. It is worth it for looks alone. But the performance improvements are awesome. Better power, sound, and mpg.