Originally Posted by Gene K
Oil is supposed to be checked hot after a 20 minute drain down although I realize this is seldom done.
1. Fill the engine with 1 quart less than specified.
2. Drive the car until you reach full operating temp.
3. Pull dip stick (this is so you wont have oil in tube and can get a very clean reading).
4. Allow 20 minutes drain down time.
5. Check oil noting level on stick.
6. Scribe stick, this is now your new add mark.
7. Add 1 quart of oii.
8. Allow 20 minutes drain down time.
9. Check oil level noting level on stick.
10. Scribe stick, this is now your new full level mark.
Its always preferred to calibrate the stick to the engine instead of the other way around.
anyone done this and checked how accurate the stick is?