Old 06-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2006 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: SLT Quad Cab
Color: Atlantic Blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:21
TheAverageJoe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheAverageJoe Send a message via Yahoo to TheAverageJoe Send a message via Skype™ to TheAverageJoe

This is something similar to my problem. My air flow direction will change as I direct on the control panel, but the air seems to just barely spill out of the vents. I have a 2006 Ram 1500.
My uncle has a 2003 and has had the same problems. He took it to the dealer under warranty and had it fixed. Two months later, he was back in the same situation, only out of warranty.
This is definitely something under the dashboard that needs correcting.
I would suggest taking it to one of your better grade of independent mechanics to have this done. Chances are, they'll use an after market part that will last longer, or they'll know a better way of installing the part to make the fix last.
I've found that dealership mechanics treat your vehicle like a jigsaw puzzle..."If this piece is bad, take it out and put another in just like it. If it doesn't work, not my fault". They put the piece in the same way they take it out, not concerning themselves with the fact that there may be an engineering flaw or the quality of replacement part may be in question.

Good Luck to you and when you get it fixed, please report back your findings.