View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
^ see I'm not crazy people do really post that ^ lol
Well.....I'm not sure I can verify that remark! LOL But can attest to the fact that some of us have received MPG benefits with MDS off.

I track the mileage on my truck some sort of OCD freak. Included with my mileage calculation, I track the number of city vs highway miles, and basic weather conditions. I have discovered that in over 14,000 miles that MDS operation on the highway is as rare as a Pink Ram (yes I saw a Pink Ram....briefly). MDS operation is very common in city driving, and although annoying, I was willing to accept it for the MPG gains. After analyzing my data, I noticed that those benefits didn't seem to be there, so I ran very specific tests to determine the net MPG gain with MDS. I carefully logged the travel conditions for 4 complete tanks of fuel with normal MDS operation, followed by 4 tanks with MDS defeated by shifting into ERS mode. I was very surprised to discover a slight increase in mileage with the MDS off. I did further testing to determine whether or not this was consistent, and it was. When I finally installed my programmer, selecting the MDS disable was a 'no brainer' for me.

Caveat - The only thing 'my' tests proved, was that 'I' received better mileage with the MDS disabled under my driving style and conditions. This is in no way a comprehensive test to determine whether or not these same results will be realized with your truck under your driving style or conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhorn View Post
Help! Only 12 mpg!
So this is my first post here, got my new Hemi ram reg cab
short bed Fire Red W/Black Daytona stripes,391 posi
only options 20" wheels .love the truck! Have yet to get
more than 12.5 mpg mixed 50/50 hiway city. No mater
hard driving or Eco mode! Kills me after reading hundreds
of posts from 4 dr 4 wheel drive owners getting 21 Mpgs
please tell me it's gonna get better! Btw only 650 miles on
it! Hoping it will improve! And ask the dealer on 1,000 mile
service to do the computer Flash!
Thanks guys keep up the cool posts!
It's just a baby....give it some time to grow and learn. They grow up fast, usually about 3,000 miles to adolescence, and 6,000 miles to adulthood.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI