Rep:24
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Nice Job but I'm confused with your data

If your Ram has a "tank full" @ 23 Gallon to fill Tank it would like this:

4 tanks MDS 4 tanks defeated=8
14000 mile Test range for 8 tanks = 23 gallons x 8 Full tanks=184
14000 miles Divided by 184 gallons=76.08 MPG

Same formula above using an 18 gallon Tank = 97.2 MPG

LoL.....I think its a no brainer to run with MDS off!!!!!

Just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad12kx View Post
Well.....I'm not sure I can verify that remark! LOL But can attest to the fact that some of us have received MPG benefits with MDS off.

I track the mileage on my truck some sort of OCD freak. Included with my mileage calculation, I track the number of city vs highway miles, and basic weather conditions. I have discovered that in over 14,000 miles that MDS operation on the highway is as rare as a Pink Ram (yes I saw a Pink Ram....briefly). MDS operation is very common in city driving, and although annoying, I was willing to accept it for the MPG gains. After analyzing my data, I noticed that those benefits didn't seem to be there, so I ran very specific tests to determine the net MPG gain with MDS. I carefully logged the travel conditions for 4 complete tanks of fuel with normal MDS operation, followed by 4 tanks with MDS defeated by shifting into ERS mode. I was very surprised to discover a slight increase in mileage with the MDS off. I did further testing to determine whether or not this was consistent, and it was. When I finally installed my programmer, selecting the MDS disable was a 'no brainer' for me.

Caveat - The only thing 'my' tests proved, was that 'I' received better mileage with the MDS disabled under my driving style and conditions. This is in no way a comprehensive test to determine whether or not these same results will be realized with your truck under your driving style or conditions.

It's just a baby....give it some time to grow and learn. They grow up fast, usually about 3,000 miles to adolescence, and 6,000 miles to adulthood.