View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:252
CHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the roughCHVYKLR is a jewel in the rough

I've been flying in the Navy for just about 10 years now. Like others have said, it's not for everyone but I wouldn't do it any different. I grew up a Navy brat as my dad was a Navy pilot for 26 years and his dad an Army Air Core then Air Force test pilot so maybe it's in my blood.

There haven't been any pay cuts or freezes but some of the signing and resigning bounus have gone away depending on your rate/MOS. It's getting more competitive to get in for both officer and enlisted and also harder to stay for enlisted. The Navy is doing something called Perform To Serve and if you aren't in the top XX% of your rating they don't let you re-up once your commitment runs out. there is more to it and most of it wouldn't make much sense to you but that's about the jist of it.

If you have any questions about the path it takes I'll try to answer the best I can. Navy flight school also trains Coast Guard, Marines and Air Force pilots so I have friends and relatives flying in all the services.

Gabe