View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Wow something doesn't seem right....my 4.7L quad cab does 0-60 in like 7 seconds, or close to it anyway. Same gears. Yours should be faster than mine... Even mine can break the tires loose with my heavy wheels/tires.

First off, don't ever do the power wire, it doesn't help, it tricks the IAT sensor and screws up the A/F ratios, and this does not help power, and is not good for the engine.

CAI would be good, but since you already have a drop in, if you could just buy a tube from the airbox to the TB to delete the resonator hat that would be nearly as good as an expensive CAI and save you some money. Airaid sells "jr kits" and MIT tubes and you can probably get one for around $100(if they make them....I bet they do but I'm not positive).

So you have the stock exhaust with just a muffler delete? Headers would help a lot, then a y pipe change would help a lot as well. Anything else with the exhaust won't do a whole lot.

Under drive would be good as well. Just do some research and make sure others are using the same product you buy without bad results, a bad under drive pulley can destroy an engine.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.