View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreennation View Post
Dillon,
You're best bet to becoming a military pilot is the Marine Corps. I commissioned as a 2nd Lt. this past July after attending OCS during my summers in college. The Marine Corps offers three contracts to candidates attending OCS. Ground, Law, and Air. As long as you pass an aptitude test and a flight physical you can recieve a guaranteed air contract which is what I have. As far as i know this is the only "guarantee" you will have in the military that you will be flying, but keep in mind there really are no guarantees. Just make sure your eyes are perfect and you have no other health issues otherwise you might not be qualified for an air contract.
It's the same for OCS guys in the Navy too. I took the test, submitted my application and was guaranteed a flight school spot. I was under no obligation until I heard back and signed my contract. ROTC and Academy folks pick their warfare area the summer going into their senior year.

Stage 2 is underway by L&M Customs & HHP