View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTBenny View Post
How much is the Zex Truck kit? How big of a shot (if any) can you run without a tune. My last fast vehicle had spray but it also had a dyno tune. Not too sure on these new Dodges. Thanks.
For anyone running an '11+, you should not run anything more than a 75 shot with a stage colder plug because you can not pull any timing at all. For the earlier years you can safely run a 100-125 shot on the 5.7L with a stage colder and pulling 2-4 degrees of timing. Some of the LX guys are running 2 stage colder plugs, pulling 4 degrees, and pushing 150-175 shots regularly, the engine will take it no problem.

From what I've been reading, the Zex kit measures their jets at the crank and places like Nitrous Outlet measures at the wheels. If you want the best, the N.O. plate kit is an absolute thing of beauty and I'm kicking myself for not getting that instead of my ZEX kit.