View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
i tried to get out the way, but this stripper totalled my first r6 so when im on my bike im usually the one cutting in and out of traffic just because ive learned if i just cruise, i get hit! but im way more aware of my surroundings
Sucks. I've had several close calls(usually one every time I ride, but I guess that's the nature of living in a city) but the really close calls I've had I was able to avoid by being smart and staying out of "danger zones". The closest I've had is when I was on a 6 lane road (speed limit about 45, I was probably at 55 with everyone else), I was in the left of three lanes, and there was a left turn lane next to me with a uhaul sitting there trying to cross traffic and blocking view of the other side of the road. I got a bad feeling and slowed down to about 30mph and just as I came up on the uhaul a lady pulled out in front of me, then saw me and made it even worse by slamming on the brakes and stopped right in front of me in my lane. I was able to stop(locked up back tire then did a stoppie....first time I've ever done that lol) just before hitting her, but if I didn't slow down she would have pulled out about 10 ft in front of me and I would have been going 55mph and would have learned what it was like to fly lol. Several times things like this have happened to me, kind of weird I get a bad feeling and slow down and avoid an accident... Riding motorcycles has made me a better driver of automobiles.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.