View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
jeez bro be safe please! my boss knows some people who were hit by a tractor trailer this past weekend and the wife had to be life flighted....very true about every time you ride, you have atleast 1 close call
I try to be as safe as I can....honestly, I've begun to hate riding where I live here in Orlando, and have probably only been on my bike for about a total of 24 hours this whole year....I used to ride everyday to school/work, and every sunday. I've thought about selling my bike, but my wife has convinced me to keep it as I've wanted a Buell for so many years and finally got one last november. I haven't even put 1000 miles on it since I bought it(nearly a year) . I put 7k miles on my last suzuki in the last year I had it.

It's all the idiots out there that scare me, even most riders it seems are idiots. I've never done a wheelie on the street(on purpose...bike has 75 lb ft of torque and weighs less than 400lb, sometimes it comes up on it's own...), never done any kind of stunt on the street, don't speed any more than is safe, as the same in my cars, don't weave through traffic, and don't fly around corners unless I can see through them, etc... I've even had cars purposely try to hit me(I assume some other biker doing a wheelie at 100mph pissed them off or something). The last time I rode my bike there was a monster truck of a F-X50...probably 350 or something on my left at a light, and a trailblazer on my right....light turned green and the lady literally cut left and floored it and tried to push me into the ford.....luckily the ford was a good driver and was aware of his massive truck and me next to him, and as I swerved near him he swerved with me, I probably would have wen right into his rear tire otherwise(although barely moving).

My father in law who put 60,000 miles on his sv1000 in the past ~7 years also has basically stopped riding for the same reasons. Sucks that we are being pushed off the roads in fear of losing our lives...

At some point they need to re evaluate driver's license testing...the way it currently is is pathetic....I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO TAKE A TEST TO GET MINE....granted I'm a safe driver, but it just proves anybody can get a license.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.