Old 09-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 SPORT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
ArmyRXP is on a distinguished road

That is so true, all depends on where you get your gas from. For me in upstate NY close to Canada we have a choice of Sunoco, Mobil, Stewarts, and HESS. For me I run Sunoco in my Sea Doo ski's Ultra 94. In my wifes new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/hemi we run 89 in it. Dealer told the wife to run 87 in the truck w/hemi. I have heard guys on the Jeep forum board that are getting 2-3 mpg better with 87 but all depends on where they live. We took a trip down I-81 to I-64 to I-77 then back to DC then up 83 to 81 and home. Hills to beat the band and going 73-75 in the Jeep we still averaged 20 mpg and that is full time 4wheel drive. Can only hope the truck gets the same or close on the higway with a conver on the bed. If I'm close that will be a plus but hell didnt buy it really thinking MPG anyway I needed a truck for hunting and hauling stuff.

I say it all depends on who you buy yoru gas from. If you go with Mobil or Sunoco or Shell all good gas companies youshould be fine either way. If you have only access to others then run a tank of them then the others and figure out who gives you the better gas milage. Me personaly I hate HESS gas has too much water and additives.

Gary