Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Tradesman
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:32
genesis5521 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi4life View Post

I play a game on mine to see if i can almost never leave eco mode. Gotta make that tank last!
I play the same game! Just purchased a brand new 2011 Ram 1500 Tradesman, 5.7 Hemi, and I want to get max MPG. I'm never in a hurry, always very gentle on the throttle, and use cruise control 98% of the time. My driving is 99% highway. I set the cruise at 60 MPH and settle back as I watch that nice little "ON" next to ECO stay on over 95% of the time. Most of my trips are 160 miles long.

Am currently running a MPG check. With 631 miles on this brand new truck, topped off the fuel right to the brim with 89 Octane. This took over an hour at home as I added almost 3 gallons more to the tank just after filling up at the gas station. It takes so long because the air pressure has to equalize inside the tank each time I add a few ounces. Checked it again the next morning just to be sure fuel was still right up to the brim. Will post my finding when test is completed.

I was gonna get a tonneau strictly to increase MPG but guys in this forum are saying they don't increase MPG. Any comments on this?

Don <><