View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3269
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

That pic is a truck featured in Truckin' in '09 and not a member on here... sadly. It's bagged all around with a rear 4-link and Z'd front end if I remember correctly.

I'm just glad there's another person out there as stupid as me to drop a 4x4. To make it much lower, you need to have a stock drop, not much you can do to get around that, and I'd say you need spindles to do it properly if you want to bag the front. A big downside to dropping a 4x4 is the angles on the CV joint up front, even if you're not in 4x4 or if the angle gets extreme enough when stationary, you can pop your CV joint or split a boot. The stock joints can handle 15 degrees max, and currently sitting with a 2/4 drop mine are at 12 degrees. I've been researching higher angle joints, and the porche 930 CV joint is the one I'm gonna go with to build my custom shafts since it'll handle 40 degrees regularly. The weak link in the ram is the INSIDE cv joint, the outside apparently doesn't see the major stresses, but I'd swap both out to be sure.

The 4th gen front end isn't that different from the late 3rd gens, so most info will transfer, just measurements will be off.