Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 DRW G56
Trim Level: Laramie Mega Cab
Color: Silver
Engine: 2007-???? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:10
bulliesmt77 is on a distinguished road
Default What is the dealership up to?

Okay so I just got my oil changed for the second time today at 7800 miles at my local dealership. Truck was in there two weeks ago for a leaking A/C line and a clutch master cyl replacement, all under warranty. Anyway I get it home today and pop the hood to make sure the oil was full and all was ok, as I always do, and to my surprise I see little paint marks on the plastic engine cover in red right over the egr crap. So I start looking around closer-my engine bay is spotless by the way- and it looks like somebody went crazy with a freakin' set of markers/paint. There were red spots on plastic engine cover over egr, blue spots on rad cap, batteries, coolant res, on my actual egr sensor plug there were 4 spots of red, white, blue and green, every sensor on the entire engine was marked in red or green. The turbo housing was marked, intake marked, even the brake lines mounted on the frame in the front wheel area was marked. I guess I could see how a place like Jiffy Lube or something might mark a few things to verify they were checked but this seems really strange to me. Especially the fact that the emissions sensors were marked with 4 different colors in some cases-that took some effort. So what are they up to? Any insight?
Sponsored links