View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Your father didn't have an attitude, it was out of fear and love for your safety and well being. I assure you...
huh? I'm saying my dad had the same attitude with me that I'm telling you I'd have with my kids...he let me make my own decisions...and deal with the consequences, if any, that came with them...I've learned a lot that way and am grateful for this. I would hate to be the one whose parents shelter them, or have a million rules, etc...it only hurts the kid once he's grown up and on his own. Besides, even if you say "don't street race jimmy", do you think it matters? Jimmy will be the one who decides that....it's just better if you teach your kid how to be safe, not how to be "legal". While I was growing up around cars my dad would point out safe and unsafe things to me as we drove, or when he saw someone drift a corner through an intersection or something, and he'd explain why it wasn't safe, and as I got older he didn't have to tell me what to do, he knew that I would simply just be safe...be straight up and tell you kid "hey look, go have fun, but don't do anything stupid, and if you do, you have to deal with it"

It drives me nuts when my wife says "stop speeding it's dangerous" and I say "why" and she says "because it's illegal".....then she'll take corners at the speed limit while it's pouring rain lol...speeding is only dangerous if you are going too fast to have control over your vehicle....usually 5 mph over is not dangerous

EDIT:
Quote:
I assure you...you will feel the same thing your father did when you got your first car
I agree with this lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.