Thread: CAI Evaluation
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:530
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincebeen View Post
Because the fastest 0-60 is not necessarily the fastest 1/4 Mile.. and you know that....

Do you realize there's more info on a time slip than just a 1/4 mile ET ?
All my recent mods were made to get a better launch, and bring my 60' times down from 2.2's to 1.8's ....not the top end of the track.

Here's a couple recent slips from a few runs on my 305/50R20 Terra Grapplers

My truck runs a 14.5 quarter on my Heavy Ass Grappler's, but still gets a pretty good 2.060 sec 60 foot, and 9.2 sec 8th mile and will still run right around 6 seconds 0-60 on the street.
That's pretty decent for a 5300 pound 4x4 with 90pounds of tire/wheel on each corner.

Its' still the same truck/intake I use to get a high 13 Q/M on DR's.
The filter alone doesn't make or break a track truck or a street truck,
and those that sweat the details are not looking at the bigger picture ...
a CAI is only a "supporting mod". and unless you can actually use the extra air, it doesn't really matter. stick with stock

You cant make a heavy 8 second 0-60 truck run 2 or 3 seconds faster with a CAI,
You need lower gears and a higher stall torque converter (on top of intake,exhaust,tune)
The cold hard truth (pardon the pun) is a CAI adds less than 5 HP on a basically stock Ram,
despite what some manufacturers like to claim. Don't let your butt dyno fool you, get a track slip
...even if you just do it for the 60' or 330' or 1/8th mile numbers that are more related to "street" performance.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 10-03-2011 at 08:27 PM.