Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:43
Dalton is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyTheKid View Post
Dalton your daytona looks sick man. Im interested in finding out how you actually did all of that. Blacked out all the chrome accents using the same material? I have been looking of ways to make my truck stand out and im not a die hard chrome fan.
Thanks i like it . Not the same material on all, I used VHT Nightshades on the lights. There are plenty of step by steps on it but my method was clean with krud kutter oven cleaner, wet sand with 1000 Grit sandpaper, rinse with water and wipe clean, three coats of nightshades(should have only done 2 coats) and then one light coat of clear enamel spray paint. This gave me a flat black finish but you can get a gloss look using a different method. On the two ram heads and grille, I removed the grill insert(not an easy task I had to drill out the origional fasteners and replace them with new ones when i put it back in) and taped off the ram heads then wet sanded with 1000 grit. I painted the grille and ram heads with four coats of black semi-gloss spray paint then three coats of clear. I did all of this in four hours from start to finish and the only problem i ran into was peeling the tape too early on the front ram head a little bit of paint came off with it so i would recommend taking your time. Good luck if you decide to tackle these things let me know if you have any questions.