View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:527
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

I'm at a huge factory disadvantage with heavy stock tires/wheels, a crap load of TM, and weak 3.55 gears and an open rear differential.
4WD is also adding extra weight most racers dont have to deal with.

So to overcome those obstacles and make them work for me instead of against me,
I needed to be creative with how I spend my money to run with cars with way more HP and/or lighter weight than my 5300 pound brick.

A complete re-gear for both diffs and a rear locker would have been $3300 (installed) up here.
Instead I achieved about the same results as an R/T, maybe even better, with an even better Torque Converter and Dedicated DR's (4.30:1 effective gear ratio) for under $2k.
That golden combo is enough to beat a stock R/T, that cost $2k more than my 4x4 and is pretty much useless on the roads in the winter here for up to 6 months a year on snow/ice covered roads.

The main difference between an R/T Ram and mine (that may explain some of the animosity) is I made a mid 15 second truck run 13's in 2500'+ DA
The R/T is a already a pre-packaged 13 second truck bone stock that most owners are only getting mid 14's with.

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 10-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.