Old 10-06-2011, 11:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Q-cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:28
CJ.2007Ram is on a distinguished road

Well because I am me and also have opinions I figured I would throw in my 2 cents (or maybe 5). First of all street racing is dangerous. I'm not going to preach about it because I am guilty of it as well. My dad always told me go as fast as you feel comfortable, and as a result my dad and I have had a few top end confrontations on the Interstate.

As far as track racing goes; reaching the end first is more important than the best ET. As someone stated earlier if it was all about the ET we could look in a magazine and determine who wins. If I trip the trap first and I didn't red light I win; simple as that. There is absolutely no way I am going to tell my competitor that he won just because he had the better ET; I may however tell them that if they would learn to drive better they just might beat me next time. I am not willing to downplay my driving abilities and or skill because I beat a vehicle that is technically faster. Skill is the name of the game.

If I get a kill on the street, hell yes it counts. No I cannot provide timeslips, but I wouldn't be touting my ET either. I would simply be saying I beat brand X vehicle whether they sucked at driving or not. If I said I ran a 10 in my neon then yeah I had better have a timeslip to prove it.

Now I must say that I have not yet had a race with my Ram. Nobody seems to be interested and I'm bone stock except for my cat back exhaust. I can't even get the teens to race. Maybe one day soon I can add a kill to the Ram list.