View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
You are going to be sucking up hot engine air into that intake which will hurt performance. You need to get the air filter out of the engine bay or build a baffle box. All of those bends won't help you either.

Just so you know, You can heat & bend PVC pipe. Just take a propane torch, not a little hand held one but one that connects to a 30 lb tank. Slowly heat the entire pipe up & it will become pliable, then you can bend it & when it cools it will stay. That's how electricians bend PVC conduit. Then you can paint it & it won't have any elbows & will have a very clean look to it.
I agree about the hot air. You can't bend large diameter PVC though(easily). I've tried and was not successful. Largest I was able to successfully bend was 2", and it didn't look real pretty. When I tried 3" I didn't even get to a 45 deg bend and it ruptured the PVC. I had it packed with sand and heated the pipe evenly, it's just too sharp of a bend with the larger diameter...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.