View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Silverado to trade soon!
Rep:10
lbre75 is on a distinguished road
Default Outdoorsman package is a rip off-get a Sport

I posted my intro post about the issues that I am having with my 11' Ram Outdoorsman crew 4x4 recently and I have gotten a few of the issues resolved. After doing some more research, I really think that I got screwed on this Outdoorsman model for the MSRP and then the OTD price. My truck listed at $43,500.00 and I ended up at $32k after all of the dealing. Problem is, I could have gotten a 4x4 Sport with better equipment for very little if any more! My truck has pretty much every option other than the sunroof that is available on the Outdoorsman. The Sport can be ordered with Auto climate control, has better seats and the padded dash standard as well as the dual exhaust and even the better transfer case with the auto setting. The Outdoorsman has the two tone paint and the wheel flares and those stupid decals on the bed sides. I just don't get it! Why is my glorified SLT so expensive as compared to the Sport that it better equipped? I really regret my purchase and can't wait to get rid of this truck for sure now. All of the trim and paint issues that I have that are slowly being corrected are not helping my thoughts either.
I finally got the center console trim plate replaced, the instrument cluster lens and the roof seam molding replaced. The passenger front fender was also adjusted to keep the door from rubbing it and the edge of both panels were touched up to cover the bare metal that had shown through from rubbing. They still have not replaced my scuffed/scratched wheels and told me tough sh** on the awful two tone paint bleed through and misaligned front bumper as well as the headliner issue at the rear of the cab. Three out four of the wheel flares have came loose now where they are held on by double sided tape that has to be repaired too. I found out that the build date of the truck was July 5th, so that pretty much explains the whole thing to me. Just wanted to give you all some insight on my situation. BTW> I only have 700 miles on the pos right now and it is 1 month old. Thanks for the moral support!

Last edited by lbre75; 10-09-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Sponsored links