View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram RCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:514
BlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of lightBlackRamHemi is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by race06074 View Post
As a NEW r/t owner i dont agree that the truck is an SLT sport. If it was no one would be buying the r/t. I mean the interior is totally different. The slt has the grandpa shifter on the column. The r/t has a different hood, 22's , different rearend, different seats. So i guess you could put a $70-$80 R/T badge on any truck but you better spend a few thousand more and change a few more things to make it a real r/t. (or at least look more like one)

My SLT Sport (RCSB 4x4) has the exact same exterior look as my buddy's 09 R/T and the identical interior to the R/T,
In fact, I've never seen a Sport with column shift and bench seat.

Since I dropped my 4x4 most peeps at the track think it's an R/T
partially because of the stance, but also because of my 13 second ET's

Performance wise, the R/T only has a slight advantage with a stock 2600 stall TC and 4.10 gears...no biggie
a 3k Stall Edge TC and/or 4.56's will flat out destroy an R/T for about $1000-$2000.

The "Sport Performance Hood" is non-functional, and should be labelled a Sport "Appearance" hood,
pure decoration that can be factory optioned on any Sport model...even a Crew Cab 4x4.

The 22" Alcoa's are nice though, I'd be willing to pay good money for those,
I'll pass on the R/T badges though, its more fun beating up the competition with a plain old Granpa "Sport SLT".

I totally de-badged my ride and replaced the Ram heads with custom Billet Badges Black Mamba Viper's.
That really has the guys I beat wanting a peak under the hood to see if its a 5.7, 6.1, 6.4 or and 8.3

Murdered.. Lowered.. Alcohol Injected ..Blowered! 500WHP

Last edited by BlackRamHemi; 10-09-2011 at 02:04 PM.