View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Realistically, the new hemi with mds gets the same highway mpg as the 4.7L (give or take)...the 4.7L probably should get a few points better in the city though. There's a lot of factors though... I just averaged my worst tank this weekend since I've had the truck (nearly a year). I got right about 16mpg average. Half tank of normal to and from work city driving, and half tank of city driving/idling as I was helping someone move this weekend and left the truck running for the wife sitting in the cab (it was raining all weekend while we were moving). I usually average about 18mpg. 17-18 city, 20-23 hwy depending on speed. Probably 95% of my driving is city driving.

The only thing I don't agree with in your statement is the oil change duration, if you're willing to go 8k miles on the 4.7L, why not the 5.7L?

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.