Old 10-11-2011, 03:29 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:27
R H I N O is on a distinguished road

I have had the issue since 400 miles and it has progressively gotten worse. Talked to the dealer around 1500 miles and he said to allow a break-in period. Had to go to South Florida for some family issues and now have 8000 miles on it and, guess what... It ain't gone away. How are you guys getting the dealerships to install the new STAR case TC?? Just took mine in to the dealer yesterday and guess what they said... There's nothing wrong with the transmission. They looked at me like I was stupid when I mentioned the TSB flash for the PCM and the STAR case TC. They said my vehicle was not affected by the TSB because of when it was made. Also, don't know if anyone else is having issues like this or even if it is related to the partial throttle rattling, but my 3rd gear is pretty much non-existent. Automatic won't ever go to third. It either bogs it down in 4th or launches your a$$ into outer space as it shifts into 2nd. In manual, when you manual bump shift from 2nd to 3rd, the RPM's only drop 200 RPM, regardless of where you are on the powerband. Run it up to 3000, it drops to 2800...run it up to 5000, it drops to 4800. In which case you have to quickly bump into 4th to keep from holding high RPM's. I've about had it with this crap... unless someone can give me the secret to how to motivate this dealership, I am about to pull the tranny and rebuild it myself... my way... with a good aftermarket TC. Does anyone have a best recommended aftermarket TC